Tuesday, October 21, 2014


Hi again Crafty People, Jen here. I'm sharing my October CT layout today. 

I decided that it was time to create a layout with me in it. I hate getting my photo taken so this one is a few years old. It was taken overlooking Lake Travis in Austin, Texas.

Lately I've been having a bit of a crisis in confidence so when I saw this paper range from My Minds Eye, it was perfect for the layout I had in mind.  The collection is called Just Sayin and the papers used are Believe.

Believe
 I used a Crafters Workshop stencil for the sunburst with Wendy Vecchi for Studio 490 embossing paste. I used Faber Castell Gelatos to get the colour effects around the paste. I added some Finnabair (for Prima Marketing) Art Ingredients glass beads to give some texture. I love these beads, I think they give a great effect but I got into such a mess with them. My floor and craft desk are covered :-)

 I used a vintage doily from my collection and inked with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink. The bling is ZVA Creative and the flowers are Petaloo. I also added some handmade flowers.


I love the chipboard from Your Creative Wings and didn't want to do to much to it for this layout. I heat embossed with some black, metallic embossing powder. Once cooled I added some Baroque Art Gilders Paste in Celtic Bronze. The button is from Prima Marketing and I added some Kaisercraft Collections around the edges.

The stamp is Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous and the Believe tag is also Tim Holtz. The button is Prima and the flower is Petaloo. 

The washi tape is Prima Marketing and the fringing is from my own collection. Isn't the chipboard just gorgeous?








Your Creative Wings materials used:   Ornate Frame 11 YCW6011, Sprig Flouish Set YCW7013, Flourish 2 YCW7014.
Other materials used: Paper by - My Minds Eye. Crafters Workshop stencil, Studio 490, Faber Castell Gelatos, Prima Marketing – Finnabair - Art Ingredients , Tim Holtz - Distress Ink, ZVA Creative, Petaloo, embossing powder, Baroque Art Gilders Paste, Kaisercraft Collections, Stampers Anonymous.


Thanks for visiting today and please visit Your Creative Wings and take a look at the awesome products, for such a new company, the selection is amazing! 
To get your hands on some of these designs visit the shops who supply it, there's links on the side here or even better get onto you local scrapbooking or paper craft store and tell them all about it.

Until next time
Jen xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment