Thursday, October 30, 2014



Hi Anne-Marie here.
I really enjoyed getting the mists and gesso and masks out for this layout. I don’t often get the time to get messy.  I used some older Finnabair designed Dreamer paper from 7 Dots Studio.
Perfect


First of all I used masks and gesso to give the background some extra texture and interest.

Then I attached my 6x4” photo and simply glued my Your Creative Wings chipboard down while it was still raw. 

I also added the metal embellishments and flair button and lots of flowers. Over the flowers I stapled some tulle. It looks really cool, sort of spider-webby when you melt it with a heat gun. 

Next I covered the photo with a baby wipe to mask it.  The wet baby wipe was fine on my photo, which I just printed on my Canon Pixma MP970 but you might need to check on an inconspicuous corner if your photo is safe to do this. I find the baby wipe the best option... it is easy to manipulate into the right shape and holds it form and seems to “catch” the over spray the best.

Then I sprayed with yellow and gold mists from Glimmermist.  I started off with light sprays then added a few heavier squirts closer to the page to get the spray to pool a little in places

After that dried I went over it with pinks, again light to start then a few heavy squirts to pool the spray in some areas.  I left it to dry and soak into the chipboard for a few minutes then carefully moved the page around a bit (so as not to dislodge the baby wipe) to allow the still wet areas to drip down the page a little too. I used a heat gun to finish off the drying process. I then applied a very slight mist of black spray from high (about 2 feet... you need to do this either outside or on a large piece of newspaper because the overspray goes everywhere!) above the page for a bit of definition.

Finally I finished off by painting some of the Your Creative Wings chipboard with the golden spray using a paint brush dipped into the bottle. 



Your Creative Wings materials used:  Lots of StarsYCW10008,  Key to My Heart Charm Set YCW, Flourish Pair YCW7014, Words - Perfect Day Script Set YCW1052
Other materials used: Paper by; 7Dots Studio. Tattered Angels Glimmermists, metal embelishments, flair, flowers, tulle, staples.



Week four

I love all the little mini designs from Your Creative Wings that are just perfect for my Project Life pages. I have been PLing (as in using Project Life pocket page style scrapbooking to document) our day to day life for almost 5 years now and still love it. It’s a fabulous record to look back on. This year I have used the Midnight Core Kit Edition from Becky Higgins©. I love the black and white... with touches of grey and kraft and the occasional splash of yellow. This spread consists of pocket pages from Becky Higgins©. Design A on the left and Design F on the right. 

I have added seven pieces of Your Creative Wings chipboard to this spread, once again in my go to favourite finish... raw form. It complements the kraft cards in this core kit as I mentioned above and is in keeping with the whole keep it simple approach that PL was always meant to be. Just a few little glimpses of eye candy that help tell the story of our week. 
 

The pointing printer’s hand is my absolute favourite piece of Your Creative Wings chippy to date... closely followed by the geotags... hearts, houses, arrows (there are circles and stars too)... I can see me using those on every page. The little snap camera and heart arrow are just adorable too... I took the teensy heart out of the arrow and attached it to the 3x4” photo on the far left... just another little subtle highlight to add interest and draw attention.


 



Your Creative Wings materials used: Printers Fist YCW4017, Geo Pointers - Heart & Home YCW4007, Geo Pointers - Stars & Arrows, Cameras YCW8002,  Arrows Set 1 YCW4001.   
Other materials used: Paper by; Becky Higgins - Midnight Core Kit Edition. Becky Higgins Pocket Pages - Design A & F.

I hope you have found Your Creative Wings designs in your local store. If not ask them to get them in. We have some gorgeous new designs coming out... and dare I say it... Christmas themed ones too... it is only 55 sleeps away you know. ;)

Until next time
Happy Creating x

No comments:

Post a Comment