Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Little Dreamer by Sue

Hi guys, it’s Sue with you today sharing a layout using a couple of the latest amazing designs from Your Creative Wings.  
I squealed when I opened my pack this month.  The new chipboard pieces are absolutely gorgeous.  I love the whimsical feel the designs have.  The title ‘little dreamer’ would traditionally be used for baby layouts I am guessing, but I chose to use photos of my daughter feeding red pandas.  I know she dreams of working with animals one day so I thought the title worked well. 

Your Creative Wings chipboard  used – Little Dreamer Arrow YCW1096, Floral Arrows Crossed YCW4023.

Other products – Papers: Graphic 45; Vellum doily: Crate Paper; Sequins: Cocoa Vanilla; Cardstock; Canvas paper; Vellum; Gold Colour Shine, Glitter; Beads.






As always, I painted the two chipboard pieces white using a can of spray paint.  Then I applied Frayed Burlap distress ink using a sponging block, over the top.  This produced a soft cream tone.  I gently peeled the edges of the chipboard pieces, to create a little texture.  I decided I wanted to add a little colour to the pieces so I dripped gold colour shine across the arrows.  
Once dry, I then added a little glossy accents and sprinkled with a white glitter.  Did you notice that the Floral Arrow chipboard piece is dimensional?  The set comes with extra flowers so that you can layer them on top of the base design.  How amazing is that?  I have teamed the chipboard pieces with beautiful Gilded Lily papers from Graphic 45.  I cut out a few of the pretty little flowers to further embellish the chipboard pieces.



Until Next time
Happy Creating 
from Sue and all at YCW

No comments:

Post a Comment