Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Getting Regular

 First of all, Thank you all so much for your wonderful support of  Your Creative Wing launch. We've had so much interest and will let you know where you can get our designs real soon.



Lets start with the first of our regular posts. 
Sue's here to share some more beautiful creations with you.

Hi guys!  It’s my very first blog post for ‘Your Creative Wings’ and it’s lovely to be here sharing my projects with you.  The first thing I have for you is a layout I have created using a couple of   Your Creative Wing gorgeous chipboard pieces.  I adore chipboard words to use as titles and the script word ‘Beautiful’ is lovely. I have teamed it with small lettering stickers to complete the title. 
To prepare the word, I firstly painted a coat of white gesso.  This primes the chipboard and allows the next layer of paint or medium to sit on top.  I didn’t paint the edges of the word as I like the depth that the dark colour gives.  I then used a Tim Holtz picket fence dauber to add a layer of white paint.  I finished with a light misting of iridescent gold glimmermist.  This adds a subtle shine.   
The gorgeous oval frame is the feature on my layout and has been used to draw your attention to the last photo on my page.  I prepared the frame using a layer of gesso and then a layer of white paint as I did with the chipboard word.  Then I applied a little glossy accents to the tips of the flourish edges and while it was still wet, I sprinkled glitter over the top.  Once dry, I just brushed off the excess. 
I have scrapped photos of my daughter Lily from a recent trip to Woodgate Beach which is not far from Bundaberg in Queensland.  It is a gorgeous spot and I hope we get to go back one day soon.

 Beautiful Woodgate 



Your Creative Wings  Material used - Word - Beautiful YCW1012, Ornate Frame 11 YCW6011
Other materials used - Paper by - Pink Paislee, Heidi Swapp. Embellishments: Heidi Swapp, MME, Prima, Crate Paper, sequins, doily.


Next, I’d like to share two shabby-chic style cards I created.  I often dig through my left-overs to make cards and these two were made using a mix of Prima and Pink Paislee prints.  The first card features the beautiful dove chipboard.  I prepared the dove by first painting a layer of gesso and then a layer of Tim Holtz antique linen distress paint.  I then added a thick layer of glossy accents and sprinkled white glitter over the top.  Because I added the layer of cream paint, my glitter is nice and soft and off-white in colour.  Once dry, I tapped the excess glitter off.  I also used the adorable little chipboard letters to add the greeting ‘hello’.  I simply painted the white gesso onto them and left it at that.  

 
 

Your Creative Wings  Material used -  Dove YCW3005Alpha 2 YCW5001U 
Other materials used -   Papers: Pink Paislee, Prima. Embellishments:  Muslin, string, glitter, gesso.


 The second card features the sweet scalloped heart design.  I painted with white gesso and then dripped Blush Colour Shine over the top. By applying the colour shine directly from the tube as apposed to spraying, I was able to achieve a greater depth of colour without wasting too much product.  I adhered inside of the heart to a piece of patterned paper and cut away the excess.  The layer of muslin under the heart design adds a lovely softness to the card.




Your Creative Wings  Material used - Scallop Heart Set YCW12008
Other materials used -
Papers: Pink Paislee, Prima. Embellishments: Blush Colour Shine, gesso, Muslin, vellum, flowers tag, string.


Drop back real soon, we've got something special happening.

Until then 
Happy Creating

x

No comments:

Post a Comment