Thursday, September 25, 2014



Hey there, Anne-Marie here, I am so excited to be making my first official blog post for Your Creative Wings!  I just love all the fabulous designs I have had a chance to play with... and I’m looking forward to even more.

This is my fifth year of Project Life style scrapbooking and while I tend to keep my photo a day album fairly simple I still like to add a few little embellishments here and there to keep it interesting.  Your Creative Wings has some gorgeous little bits and pieces that work perfectly with your pocket page style layouts.
I included a photo from this spread into my weekly layout but I just loved these photos so much that I thought they needed an entire spread of their own... to tell the story of my two darling girls and the rocky relationship they share. One day it’s love the next day hate... or should I say one minute love and the next minute hate?  Such is their sisterly love for one another! :P

As you can see this double page LO is very simple.  I have used the Becky Higgin’s Project Life mini kit from Amy Tangerine called Cut & Paste.  I have painted the Small Jar Banner which makes a super cute addition to the title card.  Then I’ve used a few arrows and stars to add a little eye candy to each card.  I have painted some of these and left some raw for added interest. I still love raw chipboard all these years later.  The Heart Geo Tag  (there are various other icons too) is one of my very favourite designs and I am sure I will be using those on almost every page from now on. 

Also, the alphas are fabulous for titles too. Again I have left those raw to complement the 6x4” filler. I added a few jellybean soup stickers and a handmade flair button to finish it off. If you take a close look you will notice the flair is stuck on top of the plastic pocket page. I find that putting them inside the pocket warps the plastic and it doesn’t sit well so I attach mine on the outside with double sided foam tape. 


 
Your Creative Wings Materials used: Arrows Set 2 YCW4009, Alpha 1 YCW5006,  Mason Jar Bunting YCW9001, Star Border YCW10003,  Geo Tags - Heart & HomeYCW4007
Other products used: Becky Higgin’s Project Life mini kit from Amy Tangerine called Cut & Paste, Jellybean soup stickers.
        
       

For my second LO I have used one of my daughter’s selfies... it’s the only photo’s I’m allowed these days it seems... and I have done a traditional style 12x12. I turned it into a Polaroid type photo by adding the 4x4” image to a 6x4” background in Photoshop Elements, printed it put and then just cut it to size.


I have embossed the Your Creative Wings Selfie frame, wiggly arrow and (another) heart geo tag with red embossing powder. I love how it makes the chippie really pop off the page.  Then the background is made up of layered strips of patterned paper from an old range from Echo Park Paper Co. called Happy Days.  I have then smeared a very thin layer of white gesso over it. Then I used some bubble wrap to stamp on the teal coloured paint as a bit of contrast.  Add a few strips of washi tape (everything looks better with washi tape!), some aqua coloured cotton, some alphas and a flair button and viola! Another LO in the tween’s album done. ;)
 

I used to mull over LOs like this for hours (days even!) but this literally took me an hour to complete.  I’m all for the keep it simple and don’t over think things style of scrapping these days. Have fun creating!

Your Creative Wings Materials used: Let me take a Selfie frame YCW1020, Arrows 3 YCW4008, Geo Pointers - Heart & Home YCW4007.
Other materials used: Echo Park Paper Co. called Happy Days, washi tape.



 *************************
Don't forget our GIVE AWAY!! Not long left. We want you to have some play time with our chippy. Ssooo leave a comment and at the end of September we'll draw the lucky winner of a stash of
Your Creative Wings  chippy.

 

 Until next time
Happy Creating
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment